[Ndn-lib] FW: Content Centric Wiki

Burke, Jeff jburke at remap.ucla.edu
Thu Mar 14 23:25:10 PDT 2013

I've only interacted by email with these guys, but the video is pretty interesting as proof of concept (and proof of interest/excitement).
Multiple machines editing the wiki about 3:50 into the video, and the pan to Pabst Blue Ribbon @ 4:38 is priceless.

Jeff

From: Ryan Bennett
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 18:47:12 -0600
To: Jeff Burke
Subject: Content Centric Wiki

Hey Jeff,

Thought I'd ping you to let you know we've done something pretty cool with NDN-js. We've started porting Smallest Federated Wiki to run over CCN via NDN-js. It's a total hack, and the code is spaghetti, but now that we know our way around a bit we're going to hit it hard and try to get a prototype up on github ASAP. All open source of course. In the meantime, here's a quick video of it in action.

http://youtu.be/scdLWPfJ7wg

Hope you enjoy, and thanks for creating such kick ass code!

As an aside, we're doing versioning as a total hack with pure unix time rather than CCNTimestamps since that part of the library isn't implemented yet. Though I'm not the most expert coder, I'd love to help out getting that feature rolled out. Let me know if you think it's something a dedicated amatuer could tackle with some guidance.

Cheers,

-Ryan