[Ndn-interest] Send multiple Interests in parallel

Davide Pesavento davidepesa at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 16:52:01 PST 2021

Hi Raphaël,

I'm assuming you're using ndn-cxx, since you mention the processEvents function?

In ndn-cxx, processEvents() is used to "enter" the event processing
loop, any number of events/callbacks may be outstanding when the event
loop is entered. In other words, you can express several interests
before calling processEvents(). You can also use the ndn::Scheduler
class to schedule the execution of a function at a future point in
time.

Lastly, please note that blindly sending hundreds of interests per
second without proper congestion control may overwhelm the network
and/or the receiver(s).

Best,
Davide