[Ndn-interest] Send multiple Interests in parallel

NAVES Raphael raphael.naves at thalesgroup.com
Tue Mar 9 07:07:52 PST 2021

Hello everyone,

I would like to create a consumer that sends multiple Interests (for different data) in parallel (approximatively 400 interests per second). When I say "parallel", that means that my consummer does not want to wait for the answer of the previous Interest to send the next one. My problem is that the "processEvents" function used in most consumer examples is a blocking function (it waits for the data, NACK or timeout). What I did is that I instantiate a new thread for each Interest sending. But I get some problems of resource allocations because it seems that the created threads are not freed. I am pretty sure that there is a more proper way to do this, but I don't get it.

Can someone help me ?

Thanks in advance

Raphaël