[Ndn-interest] DDSN - Distributed Dataset Synchronization in Disruptive Networks

White, Jeff Jeff.White at dell.com
Sun Feb 21 09:51:56 PST 2021

Dell Customer Communication - Confidential

Hell NDN Community:

We are working on a research problem and I noted DDSN has some very desirable aspects
for solving our challenge.

Two questions:

  1.  How is group membership regulated - how do you join a DDSN group?  How do you exit?
  2.  I remember from Vectorsync that scale in terms of membership could be an issue as the state vector increases linearly with number of participants.  Is this an issue for DDSN, what is the practical limit in group size?

Any insight would be helpful.

Jeff

jeff white | icto - edge technology & autonomous systems | global office - CTO | Dell Technologies | +1.469.380.3368 (w) | +1.214.263.6554 (m)
[cid:image001.png at 01D70847.F1220DC0]