[Ndn-interest] [EXT] ndn interest packet

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Sun Feb 14 09:36:57 PST 2021

Hi Marwa

   1. You need to have an Ethernet adapter listed in
   https://doc.dpdk.org/guides/nics/index.html .
   2. Go to https://github.com/usnistgov/ndn-dpdk and get the software
   installed. There's a docs/ndndpdk-depends.sh script to help with dependency
   installation on Debian 10 or Ubuntu 18 or Ubuntu 20.
   3. Setup 8GB of hugepages in each NUMA socket.
   4. Use dpdk-devbind.py script to select a DPDK-compatible PCI driver for
   the Ethernet adapter. See https://doc.dpdk.org/guides/nics/index.html on
   the page specific to your hardware to learn which driver you need; most
   commonly, it's igb_uio for Intel, mlx5 for Mellanox, and uio_pci_generic
   for other brands.
   5. Start the ndndpdk-svc service via systemd.
   6. Activate the traffic generator using the command below. You need to
   edit the PCI address and the MAC addresses. See
   /usr/local/share/ndn-dpdk/trafficgen.schema.json for a schema of the JSON
   document.

echo '{
  "eal": {
    "pciDevices": [