[Ndn-interest] [EXT] Request for Mentor Program

Mohammad Ishfaque Jahan Rafee mij.rafee.1344 at gmail.com
Wed May 20 15:34:27 PDT 2020

Hi Junxiao,
NDN-Go doesn't meet the requirements, but NDN itself does, isn't it? The
way I see it, NDN-Go or python-ndn is binding for the underlying NDN
project. I am not talking about rewriting the whole NDN in Go, which the
previous maintainer did. However, if it's binding to the existing
well-established project, such as NDN, then it starts to make more sense.

And yes, this initiative is very similar to GSoC.

On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 5:34 PM Junxiao Shi <shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu>
wrote:

> Hi Eric
>
> Rafee sent the page for professional mentors. Now that I have read other
> pages on the website.
> https://fellowship.mlh.io/maintainers is a more relevant page for open
> source maintainers.
>
> The project has to be somewhat established, not a non-existent or very
> incomplete project. Thus, I don't think NDN Go or Rust library meets this
> requirement.
> I believe NDN-Lite and npChat may have some chances in this program.
>
> Yours, Junxiao
>
> On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 5:22 PM Eric Newberry <enewberry at cs.ucla.edu>
> wrote:
>
>> *External Email*
>>
>> HI Junxiao,
>>
>> From my understanding, this is something similar to Google Summer of Code.
>>
>> Eric
>>

>> On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 4:53 PM Mohammad Ishfaque Jahan Rafee via
>> Ndn-interest <ndn-interest at lists.cs.ucla.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear All,
>>> I came through this program https://fellowship.mlh.io/mentors today. I
>>> also saw some mail exchanges about some libraries and documentation in
>>> another mail chain. I am personally interested in developing Go binding and
>>> corresponding documentation for NDN. While I understand you are certainly
>>> very busy and asking any of you to be a mentor in this program is certainly
>>> a burdensome task. Still, I believe if approved, this can provide a
>>> much-needed boost to some language bindings such as Go/Rust. The final
>>> deadline for applicants is May 23 and I have no idea what's the deadline
>>> for mentors is (I am not sure whether they are even accepting mentor
>>> application for summer).

Best Regards
Rafee
www.mohammadrafee.com