[Ndn-interest] [EXT] Tips for getting started?

Philipp Moll philipp.moll at itec.aau.at
Mon May 11 01:00:37 PDT 2020

On 5/11/20 9:10 AM, Erno Aapa via Ndn-interest wrote:
> Thank you Philipp and Junxiao!
> This was a good start, please keep it coming :)
>
> Davide, if I understand correctly the blog post (which was great,
> thanks Junxiao!), the missing features are not actually any missing
> from the NDN implementation, but more like library features? The
> Endpoint's retransmission and producer parallelism.
>
> Do you know what's the status of the Go library
> https://github.com/go-ndn/ndn or Rust https://github.com/imp/ndn-rs?
>
> I got from this already following valuable information (please correct
> me if I'm wrong):
> - Getting started with NDNts looks nice and simple
> - There's at least basic libraries C++, Python, Java, NodeJS, Go(?),
> and Rust(?) which includes basic implementation but library
> implementation features vary.

I have not used all the libraries, but I think the most important
functionality is provided by those libraries. One point what Junxiao
possibly wanted to make aware of is the fact that the newest Packet
Format Specification might not be implemented in all those libraries.
But I would argue that for most research, the newest specification is
not required. Only, when using libraries that do not support v0.3, you
might need to check out an older NFD version as well. This can be done
easily with when using the Git version of NFD.

But anyone reading this post, please correct me if I am wrong.

Best, Philipp