[Ndn-interest] [EXT]Re: Is there an active golang library for NDN

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Thu Jun 18 17:18:45 PDT 2020

Hi Rafee

Yes, I'm doing code cleanup in the NDN-DPDK codebase these days, including
moving part of /ndni to /ndn.
/ndn directory will contain a Go library that does not depend on Cgo. It
serves as an example for other library authors, on how to communicate with
NDN-DPDK.
It will be used for unit tests within the NDN-DPDK codebase, and can be
used by applications as well.

Basic functionality (packet encoding, etc) can be used anywhere, including
microcontrollers via TinyGo compiler.
There will be Ethernet transport (to communicate with a local or remote
NDN-DPDK or other forwarder), and libmemif transport (to communicate with
local NDN-DPDK forwarder). PIT token is required everywhere. These
transports will depend on Cgo (due to the dependencies), and can only be
used on Linux.
Management features will follow protocols of the NDN-DPDK management agent
(still under design), as I introduced in the 2019 FABRIC community meeting.
Initially I'm not planning crypto and application layer features (segmented
object, RDR, etc).

Yours, Junxiao