[Ndn-interest] [Mycolleagues] ICN 2020: Call for Tutorials

Hyame Alameddine via Mycolleagues mycolleagues at mailman.ufsc.br
Wed Jun 3 15:56:54 PDT 2020

Dear Colleagues,

Apologies if you received multiple copies of this call for tutorials.
Please kindly forward it to those who may be interested.

ACM Conference on Information-Centric Networking (ICN 2020)

Call for Tutorials
http://conferences.sigcomm.org/acm-icn/2020/

Call for Tutorials:

Following the success of the tutorials presented in previous editions of the ACM ICN conference, the organization committee of the 2020 edition solicits proposals for half- or full-day tutorials. We seek to extend the ACM ICN experience through tutorials on selected topics of critical importance to the ICN research, given by renowned researchers, as well as through collaboration between ICN researchers and experts in other domains and application areas. Tutorials may consist of lectures, interactive workshops, hands-on training, or any combination of the above. We expect that tutorials are didactic in nature, but we are seeking virtual tutorials and understand the limits of the medium.
Exploring the application of ICN to address modern application challenges, diverse ways of interacting with the audience, and cross-disciplinary topics are especially welcome.
 Tutorial proposals should be submitted in PDF format, not exceeding three (3) pages in total, and sent to the tutorial chairs Cedric Westphal (cedric.westphal at futurewei.com<mailto:cedric.westphal at futurewei.com>) and Daniel Nunes Corujo (dcorujo at av.it.pt<mailto:dcorujo at av.it.pt>).

Proposals must include:
* Motivation for the tutorial (why this, why now, why at ICN 2020?).
* Reference to the knowledge that the audience should expect to gather with the tutorial.
* An outline of the tutorial content, including its tentative schedule.
* The type of tutorial (e.g., lecture vs. hands-on); if hands-on, how
to ensure a satisfactory experience for participants that are remote.
* References to previous iterations of the tutorial (if applicable)
  including their date, venue, topics, and number of participants, and
  the motivation for this new proposal.
* Requirements for the tutorial on-line experience (what is needed
beyond is provided in a Zoom/Webex session).
* Requirements for the attendees, especially considering that they may
  be at home with only access to basic laptops.
* Any other limitations (e.g., number of participants).
* Detailed biographies of the trainers (not part of the page limit).

IMPORTANT NOTE:
Upon acceptance of a tutorial proposal, either the tutorial chair or the tutorial speakers can request a cancellation of the tutorial if there is clear evidence indicating low attendance of the tutorial by the early registration deadline.
Please contact the tutorial chairs, if you have questions about your proposal.
Further details: http://conferences.sigcomm.org/acm-icn/2020/cf-tutorials.html

Important dates
* June 15th, 2020: Proposals Deadline
* June 22, 2020: Notification of Acceptance

Organizing Committee

General Chairs
Marie-Jose Montpetit (MIT/Concordia U.)
Mohamed Faten Zhani (ETS)
Jussi Kangasharju (University of Helsinki, FI)

TPC Chairs
Ken Calvert (University of Kentucky)
Thomas C. Schmidt (HAW Hamburg, DE)

Local Chairs
Irene Chan-Foy (Independent)

Treasurer, Registration chair
Kim Nguyen (ETS)

Publication Chair
Lan Wang (The University of Memphis)

Publicity Chairs
Jungha Hong (ETRI)
Hyame Alameddine (University of Waterloo)

Travel Grant Chairs
Edmund Yeh (Northeastern University)

Workshop/Tutorial Chairs
Cedric Westphal (Futurewei)
Daniel Corujo (Portugal)

Demo/Poster Chairs
Michal Krol (U. Louvain)
Diala Naboulsi (ETS)

Web Chair
Alexander Afanasyev (Florida International University)

Steering Committee Liaison
David Oran (Network Systems Research & Design)

Steering Committee
Dirk Kutscher, Chair (Huawei, DE)
Jeff Burke (UCLA, US)
Borje Ohlman (Ericsson Research, SE)
Steve Uhlig (Queen Mary University London, UK)
K.K. Ramakrishnan (UC Riverside, US)
Lixia Zhang (UCLA, US)