[Ndn-interest] Fwd: Re: [EXT]Re: NDN Research Issue, Name-Lookup in NFD

avakili avakili at ut.ac.ir
Tue Jul 28 07:42:35 PDT 2020

-------- Original Message --------

 		SUBJECT:
 		Re: [EXT]Re: [Ndn-interest] NDN Research Issue, Name-Lookup in NFD

 		DATE:
 		2020-07-28 14:55

 		FROM:
 		Junxiao Shi <shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu>

 		TO:
 		avakili <avakili at ut.ac.ir>

Can you resend this message to ndn-interest mailing list?

On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 02:25 avakili <avakili at ut.ac.ir> wrote:

> EXTERNAL EMAIL
>
> Dear Junxiao,
>
> Greetings. I just started to find a problem statement for my PhD studies. I am lecturer in CS in Afghanistan. I do like to learn and do research on NDN as ICN technology.
>
> If you please, apart from security area, may you advice or guide me into some problem issues or ongoing needed issues to be solved in NDN network?
>
> As Afghan researcher, I like to join my country university to such nice project(NDN) and then be part of NDN testbed. Hope you consider my wish.
>
> Best
>
> Vakili
>
> On 2020-05-16 11:14, avakili wrote:
>
> On 2020-04-24 12:24, Junxiao Shi wrote:
> Hi avakili
>
> In NDN network, the only way one node can CONTACT another node in a different location is to send an NDN packet. If you want to use a remote database, it'll need to run over NDN. Then, how do you know where to send the packets for database queries?
>
> Also, contacting a remote node before making each forwarding decision would significantly increase latency, and double the forwarding workload.
>
> Yours, Junxiao
>
> On Fri, Apr 24, 2020, 00:55 avakili <avakili at ut.ac.ir> wrote:
>
> Hi dear,
>
> I am thinking of putting/saving load of names in one node/router which runs NoSQL database or even have separate node with NoSQL server running inside and then for any name lookup from other nodes can contact/query to it.
>
> Once names are saved in NoSQL server, using key value feature can have "faster" name lookup and any number of nodes (scalability) can contact NoSQL service running node to do name lookup.
>
> Hope to get clue for my further work from your side.
>
> Thanks
>
> Vakili

Dear Junxiao ,

- Thanks for nice feedback. Does it make sense to embed NoSQL service
into an NDN node for name lookup issues (CS/PIT/FIB) in order to use
Key-value feature?

- I am really interested in open NDN research issues in its networking
parts. Hope you guide me to go further with my PhD research to find my
problem statement dear.

Thanks again for your time.

Vakili