[Ndn-interest] Request for NDN Primer

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Wed Jan 8 12:20:29 PST 2020

Hi Rafee

To setup a producer, use the following steps:

   1. Stop NFD if you have it. You do not need it.
   2. Install Node.js 12.x following instructions here:
   https://github.com/nodesource/distributions#deb
   3. sudo npm i -g https://ndnts-nightly.netlify.com/cat.tgz
   4. sudo npm i -g https://ndnts-nightly.netlify.com/keychain-cli.tgz
   5. Download the attached file and save as ndncert-ucla.json in the
   current directory.
   6. NDNTS_KEYCHAIN=$HOME/keychain NDNTS_UPLINK=udp://
   savi.testbed.named-data.net:6363 ndntssec ndncert-client --ca
   ndncert-ucla.json --valid-days 120 --verbose
   This command automatically obtains an NDN testbed certificate for you.
   The last line of output displays the certificate name.
   7. echo "Rafee's first packet" | NDNTS_KEYCHAIN=$HOME/keychain
   NDNTS_NFDREG=1 NDNTS_UPLINK=udp://savi.testbed.named-data.net:6363
   NDNTS_PKTTRACE=1 ndncat put /Rafee/my-first-packet --ver=none

At this point, you are running the producer. Head to
https://nlsr-status.netlify.com/ and you should see a prefix announcement
for "/Rafee/my-first-packet".

To run the consumer, use the following steps:

   1. Stop NFD if you have it. You do not need it.
   2. Install Node.js 12.x following instructions here:
   https://github.com/nodesource/distributions#deb
   3. sudo npm i -g https://ndnts-nightly.netlify.com/cat.tgz
   4. NDNTS_UPLINK=udp://savi.testbed.named-data.net:6363 NDNTS_PKTTRACE=1
   ndncat get /Rafee/my-first-packet --ver=none
   You should see "Rafee's first packet" somewhere in the output.

You can also retrieve the packet via ndnpeek:

   1. Start NFD and connect to testbed (either manually or with
   `ndn-autoconfig` command).
   2. ndnpeek -p /Rafee/my-first-packet/33=%00
   You should see "Rafee's first packet" somewhere in the output.

Yours, Junxiao