[Ndn-interest] Help: problem in test driving mini-ndn

Saurab Dulal (sdulal) sdulal at memphis.edu
Sun Dec 13 23:21:10 PST 2020

Hi Somaya,

Thank you for your email. There is indeed a bug in the "ndnpingclient.py" (https://github.com/named-data/mini-ndn/blob/ea2d5d6802ea671d07771423e3dcb6b949e972e7/minindn/helpers/ndnpingclient.py#L30)

The "prefix" that is supplied by the "experiment.py" (https://github.com/named-data/mini-ndn/blob/ea2d5d6802ea671d07771423e3dcb6b949e972e7/minindn/helpers/experiment.py#L98) in the above line doesn't seem a correct one, that is why you are getting the no-route nack.

I have made a quick fix (tested as well) and have submitted a patch in the Gerrit. You can try the patch and let me know if it works for you or not.

Patch Link: https://gerrit.named-data.net/c/mini-ndn/+/6289

Regards,

Saurab Dulal