[Ndn-interest] Record the number of a specific interest that accesses each NDN node

Saurab Dulal (sdulal) sdulal at memphis.edu
Mon Aug 10 10:43:10 PDT 2020

Hi Jiacheng,

The easiest way to record the number of interests at each node is via nfd logs. You can parse the nfd logs to count outgoing as well as incoming interest. But first, you need to enable debug log for nfd via your experiments.

e.g.
nfds = AppManager(self.ndn, self.ndn.net.hosts, Nfd, logLevel='DEBUG')

Possibly, the traffic generator logs can also give you some information about the interest count, but I am not much familiar with it so can't say much about it. So, the easier way I would prefer is via nfd logs.

Let us know if you have more questions.

Regards,
Saurab Dulal