[Ndn-interest] Issue with linking symbols during cross-compilation of ndn-cxx

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Sun Sep 29 16:40:46 PDT 2019

Hi Athreya

Do not attempt to cross-compile with crosstool-ng et al. Compile natively
and you can eliminate a lot of problems.

I have Debian packages built for ARMv7, published here:
echo 'deb [trusted=yes] http://dl.bintray.com/yoursunny/named-data stretch
main' | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/named-data.list

The scripts are here: https://github.com/yoursunny/docker-nfd
Basically, you launch a Docker container that has a complete ARMv7
operating system (Debian, Raspbian, etc), then execute every binary via
QEMU.
This allows you to execute native binaries within ARMv7 operating system,
but on a powerful Intel machine.

Yours, Junxiao