[Ndn-interest] Connect two raspberry pi 3

Ahmed Awad ayawad at ualr.edu
Mon May 20 06:15:46 PDT 2019

Actually I need just the location data . Please more explanation  about
writing that code

Thanks in advance

On Mon, 20 May 2019 at 8:12 am, Junxiao Shi <shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu>
wrote:

> Hi Lixia
>
> This is sufficient for location data, but insufficient for precise timing
> data.
> Ahmed needs to explain the use case in more detail.
>
> Yours, Junxiao
>
> On Sun, May 19, 2019 at 12:31 PM Lixia Zhang <lixia at cs.ucla.edu> wrote:
>
>> From Ahmed's msg, the picture seems to me like the following:
>> - producer: the raspberry pi3 that connects to USB gps sensor (call it
>> pi3-1)
>> - I suppose pi3-1 can put the USB gps sensor data into NDN data packet(s)
>> - when a pi3-2 sends an interest for data, pi3-1 can responds with the
>> data
>>
>> On May 16, 2019, at 12:07 PM, Junxiao Shi <shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Ahmed
>>
>> No, NFD is incapable of doing that. NFD is a network forwarder for Named
>> Data Networking. It does not interface with GPS sensors.
>> Assuming you want to transfer location data (as opposed to precise timing
>> data), you'll need these in addition to NFD:
>>
>>    - an NDN producer application that retrieves coordinates from gpsd
>>    and publishes them as NDN Data packets.
>>    - an NDN consumer application that receives such information
>>
>> Yours, Junxiao
>>
>> On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 11:53 AM Ahmed Awad <ayawad at ualr.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> Let’s me tell you what I want to do .
>>> I wanna connect USB gps sensor to the raspberry pi3 and send the
>>> information to another raspberry pi3 , is NFD capable to to that ? please
>>> any advice to do that
>>> Regards

>> --
Ahmed Awad
PhD Candidate in Telecommunication and Networking Track/ Systems
Engineering Dept.
University of Arkansas at Little Rock
501-940-9048