[Ndn-interest] NDN Stack

Ahmed BENMOUSSA ah.benmoussa at lagh-univ.dz
Mon Aug 5 13:33:15 PDT 2019

Hello everyone,

I am sending you to ask about the NDN stack.
In some papers, researchers include a "*Transport*" layer to the NDN stack
as follows:
======================
\            *Application           */
  \            *Transport          */
   +----------------------------------+
     \             *NDN              */
      +-----------------------------+
     /        * Link-layer*      \
   +----------------------------------+
  /             *Physical*       \
  =====================

Other researches don't include it in their papers.

My question is: What is the role of the "*Transport*" layer in this case?
Knowing that the "Link-layer" includes any communication protocol that NDN
could use as a tunnel to send and receive traffic, why a "*Transport*"
layer is added?

Is this layer added to support future NDN deployment? (When native NDN
communications are used instead of IP overlays). Or does it have other
roles?

What NDN stack should I consider in my papers and presentations? (with or
without the Transport layer).

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
Ahmed. B.