[Ndn-interest] The best-route strategy

Lan Wang (lanwang) lanwang at memphis.edu
Tue Apr 30 06:45:38 PDT 2019

Hi Nick,

The ASF strategy in NFD does something similar to what you said.  It was first introduced in this paper:

V. Lehman, A. Gawande, R. Aldecoa, D. Krioukov, B. Zhang, L. Zhang, L. Wang, "An Experimental Investigation of Hyperbolic Routing with a Smart Forwarding Plane in NDN<http://web0.cs.memphis.edu/~lanwang/paper/hr-iwqos-camera-ready.pdf>," in Proceedings of the IEEE IWQoS Symposium, June 2016

And the following technical report has an expanded description of the ASF strategy in the appendix.

V. Lehman, A. Gawande, R. Aldecoa, D. Krioukov, B. Zhang, L. Zhang, L. Wang, "An Experimental Investigation of Hyperbolic Routing with a Smart Forwarding Plane in NDN<http://web0.cs.memphis.edu/~lanwang/paper/ndn-0042-1-asf.pdf>," NDN Technical Report NDN-0042, July 2016

It is the default strategy in the current NDN testbed.

Lan