[Ndn-interest] NFD-forwarding strategy retry

Shanshan shishanshan at cstnet.cn
Fri Sep 28 21:22:46 PDT 2018

Hi Teng,

1)Why resend an Interest to the same outgoing face:

When a producer (single-homed) connects to (via one hop) an over a wireless channel, packets (Interest, Data, Nack) may get lost due to poor wireless link. I want to design a new forwarding strategy for the edge router/BS/AP for reliable communication at NDN fw layer rather than at link layer. In such case, the FIB entry only has one outgoing face.

2)and when:

In the above scenario, I want to design a new forwarding strategy for the edge router/BS/AP by setting a new timer (retransmission timer) for each PIT entry, and the retransmission timer is estimated by the RTT between each Interest and the corresponding Data belonging to the same flow. When the timer expires, the forwarding strategy retries this Interest to the same outgoing face.

I also configure the Access Router Strategy and the ASF Strategy for the edge router/BS/AP in ndnSIM2.6, but neither implements Interest retransmission generated by the local node.

Shanshan