[Ndn-interest] ndnhack7: what project would Junxiao work on and why you should consider to join

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Thu Nov 1 17:20:01 PDT 2018

Hi Nick

I switched repo-sql codebase to Packet Format 0.3, i.e. eliminating
Selectors, during the past weekend.
Running in Windows Subsystem for Linux, repo-sql with 10000 stored Data
entries is able to respond 30 Interests per second.
I also attempted to test repo-ng, but it crashed upon insertion via TCP.

The scalability of repo-sql comes from converting an unfamiliar problem
(optimizing an NDN repo) into a familiar problem (optimizing a PostgreSQL
database). It’s true that database admin is one of the highest paid jobs in
the market, but you can’t hire an experienced “NDN repo admin” no matter
how much you pay. With PostgreSQL database replication, you can deploy as
many instances of repo-sql frontend as necessary to serve the demand.

Yours, Junxiao