[Ndn-interest] esp8266ndn: ESP32 and Ethernet multicast

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Thu May 3 20:56:51 PDT 2018

Dear folks

You may have heard about my esp8266ndn library, NDN Arduino library for
ESP8266 microcontroller.

https://github.com/yoursunny/esp8266ndn

Recently, the library has been ported to *ESP32 microcontroller*. ESP32 is
a new generation microcontroller coming from Espressif, the same company
that designed the ESP8266. It is more powerful, with two CPU cores and more
RAM.
The library name remains as “esp8266ndn” but it will compile for both
ESP8266 and ESP32.

Moreover, I added *multicast Ethernet transport* to the library. It enables
NDN communication directly over Ethernet. Look at “PingServer” example for
how to use multicast Ethernet transport.

I hope some of you may find them useful.
If you need an ESP32 development board, I recommend Heltec WiFi_Kit_32
http://amzn.to/2CaCk3X . The library is regularly tested on this device.