[Ndn-interest] nfd_0.6.0

Eric Newberry enewberry at email.arizona.edu
Thu Jan 4 11:13:26 PST 2018

Giuseppe,

The reliability system doesn't use NACKs, but rather acknowledges
received packets with a positive acknowledgement and considers a packet
lost (and needing to be retransmitted) if the sender does not receive an
Ack for a packet. It can also detect gaps in acknowledged sequence
numbers and uses these to trigger a retransmission.

Also, the reliability system takes place at the level of an individual
connection from one host to the next (the NDN link layer, or NDNLPv2)
and not on the span from a consumer to a producer. Therefore,
retransmissions will not take place when the consumer receives a
notification like "OnInterestUnsatisfied", as this occurs above the link
layer. I believe you may be looking at the NACK documentation, which I
believe states that the consumer application has the option to
retransmit an Interest when it is NACK'd. The documentation for NDNLPv2,
including the reliability system can be found here:
https://redmine.named-data.net/projects/nfd/wiki/NDNLPv2

Eric