[Ndn-interest] (no subject)

Thompson, Jeff jefft0 at remap.ucla.edu
Mon Oct 23 10:42:16 PDT 2017

Hi Giuseppe,

By design, NDN is “one Data packet in response to one Interest”, for flow control and other reasons. (Actually, it can be “one Data packet for multiple interests” if a forwarder has accumulated pending Interests from multiple consumers which all match a received Data packet.) The onData callback belongs to the library’s internal pending Interest table. When a matching Data packet is received, the library calls the onData callback and deletes the entry in the pending Interest table, so as you say, it is only used once.

A large object such as an image is usually split up into multiple segments by the producer. Are you using some program to split the image into segments?

- Jeff T