[Ndn-interest] download a file using PyNDN

Thompson, Jeff jefft0 at remap.ucla.edu
Thu May 25 11:15:24 PDT 2017

Hi Ishita,

We have NDNFS producing sample data at memoria.ndn.ucla.edu. The PyNDN code below uses the SegmentFetcher to fetch the segments of a file (a JavaScript file). NDNFS has split the file into 12 segments, which SegmentFetcher retrieves to supply the content to the callback. SegmentFetcher documentation is here:
https://github.com/named-data/PyNDN2/blob/master/python/pyndn/util/segment_fetcher.py#L142

- Jeff T

import time, sys
from pyndn import Name, Interest, Face
from pyndn.util import SegmentFetcher

face = Face("memoria.ndn.ucla.edu")
SegmentFetcher.fetch(face, Interest(Name(
  "/ndn/edu/ucla/remap/demo/ndn-js-test/named-data.net/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js/%FDX%DC5B")),
  None, lambda content: sys.stdout.write(content.toRawStr()),
  lambda errorCode, message: sys.stdout.write("Got error " + message))

while True:
    face.processEvents()
    time.sleep(0.01)