[Ndn-interest] Longest prefix matching in NDNPING

John Scott scott1091 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 16 07:54:02 PDT 2017

Hi,
I'm trying to verify the longest prefix matching described in the NDN Technical Report (section 2.2.3). To do that, I setup a ndnpingserver at the custodian with content named /edu/ucla and tried to ping from the client with Interest /edu/ucla/computerscience. The test yields a nack with reason no route. If I use just /edu/ucla it works.
Could you clarify this issue please? I couldn't find a related thread in the mailing list.
Thank you