[Ndn-interest] Delay forwarding in fw strategy

Adhy Satya adhysatya820 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 15:22:53 PDT 2017

HI Klaus,

Thank you for your reply.
Please find my comments below.

Thank you,
Adhy

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 5:14 PM, Klaus Schneider <klaus at cs.arizona.edu>
wrote:

> On 07/17/2017 09:59 AM, Adhy Satya wrote:
>
>> Hi Klaus,
>>
>> I'm working on a wireless scenario (my apologies! I forgot to clarify
>> this in my first email).
>> - Point 1 (Send the Data to a different interface): nodes will broadcast
>> packets on the same interface (WiFi);
>>

> Maybe you can use a broadcast/multicast face instead?

What do you mean by broadcast/multicast face? I'm using UDP tunnels as
transport method and my strategy is based on the multicast-strategy.

> - Point 2 (Delay the Data packet): since wireless is broadcast in nature,
>> all nodes in the communication range will listen to Interest/Data
>> transmissions and will rebroadcast roughly at the same time. Delayed
>> retransmissions help to avoid collisions in the wireless channel.
>>

> This sounds like it may be better implemented at a lower layer, since the
> desired behavior is specific to a certain (wireless) link.
>
> Did you have a look at the NDNLP protocol? https://redmine.named-data.net
> /projects/nfd/wiki/NDNLPv2
>
> My goal is to reduce collisions in the wireless media by making sure
neighboring nodes don't rebroadcast at the same time. I have an
implementation on ndnSIM which I used the NS-3 packet tags to accomplish
this. I want to implement the same functionality in NFD. I wrote a
consumer/producer application that appends that information, originally in
the packet tag, in the packet name. The intermediate nodes should be able
to read the information (but not change it) and rebroadcast accordingly or
even drop the packet.

Can NDNLP be used to exchange my rebroadcast data? If so, will I be able to
delay Interest and Data packets at each router?