[Ndn-interest] How to send new Interest from strategy on NFD

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Fri Jul 7 07:59:40 PDT 2017

Hi 真也

Strategy cannot inject new packets into the network. This is because
strategy operates in the middle of forwarding. An Interest injected by
strategy isn't recorded in the PIT, so the response Data cannot be
delivered.

You can, however, forward /collect prefix to an application, and let that
application send the new Interest.
If needed, the application is able to learn where the Interest comes from
through IncomingFaceId header field, and control where the new Interest
goes to through NextHopFaceId header field.
Both fields require enabling LocalField feature through faces/update
management command.

Yours, Junxiao