[Ndn-interest] Named Data Networking (NDN) Project Monthly Newsletter for January 2017
josh at caida.org
Thu Feb 2 08:38:40 PST 2017
Named Data Networking (NDN) Project Newsletter for January 2017
The NDN project team compiles and publishes this newsletter periodically
to inform the community about recent activities, technical news,
meetings, publications, presentations, code releases, and upcoming
events. You can find these newsletters posted on the Named Data
Networking Project blog.
* Registration remains open for NDNcomm at the University of Memphis
March 23-24, 2017 immediately preceding IETF 98 in Chicago. The
deadline to request travel grants is February 6, 2017. To
register, point your browser at
http://www.caida.org/workshops/ndn/1703/register.xml. You can
find details regarding the developing meeting agenda and accomodations
* Call for Hacks: we will hold the 4th NDN Hackathon immediately
following NDNcomm on 25-26 March, 2017. Submission deadline:
March 1, 2017 For more information please see
* We released version 0.5.1 of Named Data Networking Forwarding
Daemon (NFD) and ndn-cxx library.
The detailed release notes:
- for NFD: http://named-data.net/doc/NFD/0.5.1/RELEASE_NOTES.html
- for ndn-cxx library: http://named-data.net/doc/ndn-cxx/0.5.1/RELEASE_NOTES.html
More details about NFD, tutorials, HOWTOs, a FAQ and other useful
resources are available on official webpages of NFD and ndn-cxx:
**NEW** PPA binary packages now include support for arm64, armhf,
and ppc64el CPU architectures.
* We released ndnSIM version 2.3, a new release of the NDN simulator.
The new version includes the updated submodules of NFD and ndn-cxx
(based on 0.5.0 with updates from the master branch) and features
full support of NDNLPv2, including support for network NACKs.
For more details about the release, refer to
* We released version 0.3.1 of Named-data Link State Routing Protocol
(NLSR). More information about NLSR, release notes, tutorials,
installation and configuration guides, and other useful information
can be found at: http://named-data.net/doc/NLSR/0.3.1/
NDN PUBLICATIONS, PRESENTATIONS, and TECHNICAL REPORTS
* Wentao Shang, Alexander Afanasyev, and Lixia Zhang, "The Design
and Implementation of the NDN Protocol Stack for RIOT-OS" published
in the proceedings of GLOBECOM Workshop on Information Centric
Networking Solutions for Real World Applications, December 2016
* The NDN seminars are internally focused. If you would like to
participate in the NDN Seminars, please contact the PoC, UCLA
PhD. candidate Spyridon Mastorakis <Spiros.mastorakis at gmail.com>
for the most up-to-date information regarding upcoming seminars.
- 14 December 2016 Wentao Shang, (University of California, Los Angeles) "VectorSync design overview"
- 12 January 2016 Junxiao Shi (University of Arizona) "Technical Discussion of Self-Learning Strategy
- 2 February 2017 2pm Jongdeog Lee (University of Illinois, Urbana-Champagne) "SwiftNDN: NDN support for iOS"
For more information about the Named Data Networking (NDN) Project
please visit http://www.named-data.net/.
More information about the Ndn-interest