[Ndn-interest] Bind Application with NDN layer

Nick Briggs nicholas.h.briggs at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 08:20:06 PDT 2017

The logical equivalent to TCP/IP's bind is when the application registers with the NDN/CCN daemon indicating that it will handle Interests in a particular prefix of the namespace.  The TCP/IP socket number is logically a 16-bit extension of the IP address namespace -- in NDN/CCN the namespace is much larger and is not divided into host IP/port.

-- Nick Briggs