[Ndn-interest] NDN protocol principles: no privacy?

Mark Stapp mjs at cisco.com
Mon Mar 14 13:14:20 PDT 2016

ok, but - my suggestion is that the _default_ should be private, not
that there should not be a way for an application to _ask_ for non-private.

I'm hoping that the ongoing discussion will bring out some examples of
communication that folks think _belongs_ in-the-clear - where some
property of the application involved will be compromised if the
communication is strongly protected and confidential. I think that it's
going to be difficult to make much of a case there, given the
capabilities that well-designed applications offer in the current
internet, but it'd be interesting to hear the examples.

and ... I have to say that I don't understand the "principle of
universality", so ... I think that might be its own thread?

-- Mark