[Ndn-interest] Named Data Networking (NDN) Project Monthly Newsletter for May-June 2016
josh at caida.org
Fri Jul 1 16:13:01 PDT 2016
Named Data Networking (NDN) Project Newsletter for May-June 2016
The NDN project team compiles and publishes this newsletter monthly
to inform the community about recent activities, technical news,
meetings, publications, presentations, code releases, and upcoming
events. You can find these newsletters posted on the Named Data
Networking Project blog.
* On May 31-June 1, 2016, NIST hosted a two-day workshop on Named
Data Networking on their campus in Gaithersburg, MD. Day 1 theme
focused on the Internet of Things, Day 2 theme covered Big Data
and Big Media. Please find the agenda and links to the web cast
Web cast: http://www.nist.gov/itl/antd/named-data-networking-webcast.cfm
* We released new NDN client libraries:
- NDN C++ library NDN-CPP v0.10
- NDN Python library PyNDN version v2.3beta1
- NDN Client Library for Java v0.12
These libraries now include support for setting a Link object and
selected delegation in the Interest. In also includes support
* NDN-VIZ: An Interactive Visualization Tool for NDN Traffic
We released an early version of NDN-VIZ, an interactive visualization
tool for NDN traffic, aiming to help NDN researchers and developers
to easily analyze their tests. NDN-VIZ uses D3 to build visualization
based on log files (ndndump & topology). The current version contains
only two visualization channels, topology and name tree. We plan to
add a timeline and allow selection of specific time periods.
NDN PUBLICATIONS, PRESENTATIONS, and TECHNICAL REPORTS
* Peter Gusev, Zhehao Wang, Jeff Burke, Lixia Zhang, Eiichi Muramoto,
Ryota Ohnishi, and Takahiro Yoneda. "Real-time streaming data
delivery over Named Data Networking" IEICE Transactions, May 2016.
* Vince Lehman, Ashlesh Gawande, Rodrigo Aldecoa, Dmitri Krioukov,
Beichuan Zhang, Lixia Zhang, and Lan Wang. "An Experimental
Investigation of Hyperbolic Routing with a Smart Forwarding Plane
in NDN" IEEE IWQoS Symposium, June 2016.
* We posted revision 1 of the technical report NDN-0039-1 "PartialSync:
Efficient Synchronization of a Partial Namespace in NDN." Data
synchronization plays an important role in NDN similar to transport
protocols in IP. Some distributed applications, such as news and
weather services, require a synchronization protocol where each
consumer can subscribe to a different subset of a producer's data
streams. In this paper, we propose PartialSync which aims to
efficiently address this synchronization problem.
* Lixia Zhang presented "New Applications via Opportunistic
Peer-to-Peer Wireless Communications" NSF Future Wireless Cities
Workshop, Feb 2016.
* Lixia Zhang presented "Named Data Networking of Things" US-Europe
Invited Workshop on Next Generation Internet of Things, March 2016.
* Alex Afanasyev presented "Supporting Mobility in Named Data
Networking" At 3rd Workshop on Name-Oriented Mobility: Architecture,
Algorithms and Applications, April 2016.
* Jeff Burke presented "Design Principles for Named Data Networking"
ICNRG Interim meeting @ IETF 95, Buenos Aires, Argentina, April 3, 2016.
* Lixia Zhang presented "Challenges in the Internet of Things
Realization" at the 7th Annual PKU-UCLA Joint Research Institute
http://www.pku-jri.ucla.edu/jri/events/11766, May 2016
* Lixia Zhang presented "Looking Back, Looking Forward: Why We Need
a New Internet Architecture" Keynote at 11th International
Conference on Future Internet Technologies, June 2016.
* The NDN seminars are internally focused. If you would like to
participate in the NDN Seminars, please contact the PoC, UCLA
PhD. candidate Spyridon Mastorakis <Spiros.mastorakis at gmail.com>
for the most up-to-date information regarding upcoming seminars.
- 2 June 2016 Klaus Schneider (University of Arizona), "Practical Congestion Control for NDN"
* CALL FOR PAPERS: 15 July 2016 deadline: 1st IEEE Workshop on Named
Data Networking for Challenged Communication Environments
(NDN-CCE'2016) Washington, DC, December 8th 2016
* CALL FOR PAPERS: 15 July 2016 deadline: 2nd IEEE International
Workshop on Information Centric Networking Solutions for Real
World Applications (ICNSRA).
For more information about the Named Data Networking (NDN) Project
please visit http://www.named-data.net/.
More information about the Ndn-interest