[Ndn-interest] Retrieve the identity name from signed interest

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Wed Dec 28 19:10:46 PST 2016

Hi Matteo

No, there is no reliable and universal way to infer identity name from
KeyLocator.

Data packets and signed Interests are signed by a *key*. The private key is
held by the signer, while the public key is published in a *certificate*.
KeyLocator contains the name of that certificate.
*Identity* is a way used by ndn-cxx to organize one's own keys and
certificates. It has no meaning for a relying party.
The trust schema should be defined in terms of keys and certificates, and
should not use identity names.

Yours, Junxiao