[Ndn-interest] Repo-ng freshness period

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Tue Dec 13 04:48:44 PST 2016

Hi Matteo

Since I generate the certificates with ndnsec, is there a method to obtain
> that?

You'll have to patch ndnsec cert-gen to add FreshnessPeriod before the
certificate is signed.
https://github.com/named-data/ndn-cxx/blob/2fa5939375d39eb63239148aca4af6
a92f45637d/tools/ndnsec/cert-gen.hpp#L217

The one of the certificate was only an example, but at the end how can I
> avoid that intermediate content store consider the data  published by
> repo-ng fresh indefinitely?

Current protocol does not have a mechanism for that. Consumers are expected
to use a name discovery mechanism to determine whether the Data is latest.
But I wonder what's the motivation for this?