[Ndn-interest] Repo-ng freshness period

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Mon Dec 12 10:47:47 PST 2016

Hi Matteo

repo-ng cannot modify FreshnessPeriod on Data packets because it does not
possess the signing key. Instead, the producer who creates and signs the
Data should set FreshnessPeriod prior to inserting the Data into
FreshnessPeriod.

NFD does not erase Data whose FreshnessPeriod has expires from the
ContentStore, because stale Data is still valid Data, and can be retrieved
by an Interest without MustBeFresh selector. Stale Data cannot satisfy an
Interest whose MustBeFresh selector is set.
Staleness can be considered in a CS policy. For example, the priority_fifo
policy evicts stale Data before fresh Data. This eviction occurs only if CS
is full; stale Data won't be erased just because it becomes stale, and
would stay indefinitely if the CS is never full.

Yours, Junxiao