[Ndn-interest] Launching several instances of nlsr

Matteo Bertolino Matteo.Bertolino at eurecom.fr
Fri Dec 2 06:38:16 PST 2016

Good morning, I need to perform a complicate question.
I would like to launch several NDN nodes in different processes (i.e.
3 processes) on the same machine. Exactly the same behaviour of
mini-ndn, but without.
Then, about the NFD I had no problem:
1- Open three terminals.
2- On each terminal, change the HOME environment variable.
3- Put on the new home a new nfd.conf, changing the socket name
(nfd.sock, nfd1.sock, nfd2.sock), the port numbers, and repeat in the
client.config.sample.
4- On each terminal, launch nfd --config ~/nfd.conf &

It works well. The problem arrives with NLSR.
In each HOME, I put a different version of nlsr.conf, where I changed
the names and the ip of the neighborhoods.
Then I run on each node nlsr -d -f  ~/nlsr.conf

And here I noticed a strange thing: all the output, nlsr related,
converges in one terminal. So I started to think that actually there
are not 3 separated nlsr instances despite the three different
processes.
If I try to do nlsrc advertise /prefix , it tells me "success in
advertisement", but no FIBS are actually updated. This demonstrate
that the three instances are actually one.

But, however, mini obtains a perfect separation. I tried to replicate
exactly the same steps in nlsr.py, but I have no success. In your
opinion, what do I forgot ? Thanks