[Ndn-interest] congestion control

Lixia Zhang lixia at CS.UCLA.EDU
Tue Apr 5 19:20:16 PDT 2016

> On Apr 5, 2016, at 6:43 AM, 赵志伟 <121049189 at qq.com> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>     Recently, I read the NFD, I  would like to know if there are something about congestion control.
> Like TCP/IP, there are AIMD windows mechanism. I really don't see congestion control in
> https://github.com/named-data/ndn-tools/tree/master/tools/chunks <https://github.com/named-data/ndn-tools/tree/master/tools/chunks>
1/ the current code in github does not have congestion control yet
(last year Ilya Moiseenko did some NDN API work which incorporated a simple congestion control, but that code is not included in the NFD release--I'm pretty sure he's on this list if you want to ask him)

2/ some students in the NDN project team are actively working on the topic, so we do hope to be able to add some simple congestion function into NFD in near future.

3/ FYI there have been quite some number of published papers on NDN congestion control, if you are interested in this topic.

Lixia