[Ndn-interest] Data comes from another face?

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Sat May 23 14:18:48 PDT 2015

Hi Sabet

As I understand you question is:
In a network of NDN nodes where none of the nodes is using broadcast
strategy, if a node has not forwarded an Interest out of an interface, is
it possible for this node to receive a Data on this interface?

The answer is YES.
Think about a multi-access link with 3 hosts P Q R.

   1. Q sends an Interest. P and R receive this Interest,
   2. P replies with a Data. Q and R receive this Data.

In this scenario, R has not forwarded an Interest to the multi-access link,
but receives a Data from the multi-access link.

Yours, Junxiao