[Ndn-interest] Parameter, argument passing in Interest name

Muhammad Hosain Abdollahi Sabet M.AbdollahiSabet at mail.sbu.ac.ir
Mon May 11 11:38:34 PDT 2015

Anil,
Well, yes. I agree with you about the latency part although I don't know how much(I have no measure) latency it would cause, and whether it would be bothering or not. I have no answer for that.
I think there should be some conventions in applications. As an example in application A some specific interests mean that the interest sender wants to pass a parameter or anything. So receiver knows this and sends a pre-defined interest after sending a pre-defined data responding to the previous interest.
As far as I understand, this is one of the implications of being consumer driven. At least in this very architecture(NDN). Every flow should start with an interest. You cannot send a data packet with already no interest asked for it. Because there would be no breadcrumbs. There would be no pit entry. Therefore there would be no forwarding.

Thanks,
Sabet