[Ndn-interest] Name Resolution Vs. Rendezvous point

Muhammad Hosain Abdollahi Sabet M.AbdollahiSabet at mail.sbu.ac.ir
Mon May 11 10:04:47 PDT 2015

Hi,
I was just reading this:
https://neclab.titanpad.com/ICNRG-IETF92?
Somewhere Dave is describing the difference between NDN and XIA and says:

Dave: Name Resolution = you can't forward the packet until you get the
answer; you have to hold it. Rendezvous point = anything else.

First, I don't have a quite well understanding on what _anything else_ mean. What are these _else_s?

Second, is there any problem if we use name resolution system as a feature, maybe an optional one like a hint, that can be used specially in last hops of a packet journey, not in the backbone or first hops?

Thanks,
Sabet