[Ndn-interest] Disabling NDN's in-network caching

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Thu Mar 19 09:33:44 PDT 2015

Hi Muhammad

Yes, you may disable in-network caching by *setting ContentStore capacity
to zero*.
The relevant configuration option is tables.cs_max_packets in
/usr/local/etc/ndn/nfd.conf.

However, this is an *unsupported configuration*.
In particular,

   - StatusDataset and Notification in NFD Management won't work before #
   2182 <http://redmine.named-data.net/issues/2182>, which implies
   nfd-status won't work.
   - Remote prefix registration won't work before #1529
   <http://redmine.named-data.net/issues/1529>.

There could be other limitations as well.

Yours, Junxiao