[Ndn-interest] NDN-friendly Mobility solutions

Wentao Shang wentaoshang at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 13:08:09 PST 2015

Hi Mark,

Yes, I think the "CDN-style" model could be a starting point for solving a
class of mobility problems. A few things that are still unclear to me
include:

1/ Can we use this rendezvous model for real-time communications like
video/audio conferencing? Not sure how the indirection will affect the
delays.

2/ If we plan to use Interest-Interest communication, how do we handle the
case when the producer doesn't have a routable prefix (or doesn't know he
has)? The Kite approach (i.e., using PIT to do reverse path forwarding) is
a significant change to the architecture and I still don't understand the
implication of this change yet.

Wentao