[Ndn-interest] Interest Order Maintaining

Christos Papadopoulos christos at cs.colostate.edu
Sat Feb 14 07:20:42 PST 2015

On 02/14/2015 06:35 AM, Nitinder Mohan wrote:
> Hi Junxiao,
>
> Wouldn't this hamper working of multimedia applications that require
> live streaming of data? If the interest for next chunk of data has to
> wait until the earlier chunk has arrived, wouldn't this slow down data
> transfer rate considerably?

Just like IP, you can build that functionality on top of the basic
interest/data exchange.

With IP you typically use a playout buffer to ensure smooth playback.
The same buffer is typically used for reassembly if your transport is UDP.

I suspect that a well-designed UDP/IP multimedia application that is
mindful of out-of-order delivery would not be hard to port to NDN.

Christos.