[Ndn-interest] Producer taking initiative to "Push" content to network.

Tai-Lin Chu tailinchu at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 15:08:54 PST 2015

I love those papers from Tsudik. Although I did not read those papers
before, go-ndn uses a very similar mechanism (notification) for
"send/push".

1. Sender issues interest /receiver/ACK/data (it notifies receiver
that data is available)
2. Receiver decides whether it issues interest /data to fetch data
3. Receiver answers /receiver/ACK/data

In general, a receiving node can have more listening channels for
notifications. This is one of the simplest/generic implementation of
send/push in current NDN stack. At high level, push "synchronizes"
consumer-producer communication; a producer can ensure whether a
specific consumer gets data within a time frame. This feature is not
available for pure pub/sub. Using send as a primitive, we can start to
build distributed consensus algorithm that can give stronger
consistency.