[Ndn-interest] Named Data Networking (NDN) Project Monthly Newsletter for August 2015
josh at caida.org
Mon Aug 31 17:24:19 PDT 2015
Named Data Networking (NDN) Project Monthly Newsletter for August 2015
The NDN project team compiles and publishes this newsletter monthly
to inform the community about recent activities, technical news,
meetings, publications, presentations, code releases, and upcoming
events. You can find these newsletters posted on the Named Data
Networking Project blog.
* Plans and agenda continue to firm up for the NDN Community Meeting
(NDNComm 2015) to be held at the University of California at Los
Angeles campus in the Little Theater, MacGowan Hall, UCLA on 28-29
September 2015. While registration remains open on the web at
http://www.caida.org/workshops/ndn/1509/ we cannot guarantee
support further requests to present.
* Hackathon: 26-27 September 2015. We are excited to announce the
first NDN hackathon scheduled prior to the upcoming NDNComm 2015.
Project proposals were due today 31 August 2015. For questions,
please email Steve DiBenedetto (dibenede at cs.colostate.edu).
Project representatives will pitch their ideas to hackathon
attendees and act as guides/mentors. We also plan projects
suitable for NDN newcomers. Please stay tuned to
We hope to see you in LA!
* We announced the release of version 0.3.4 of Named Data Networking
Forwarding Daemon (NFD) and ndn-cxx library.
Please find detailed release notes:
- NFD: http://named-data.net/doc/NFD/0.3.4/RELEASE_NOTES.html
- ndn-cxx library: http://named-data.net/doc/ndn-cxx/0.3.4/RELEASE_NOTES.html
More details about NFD, source code, install instructions,
tutorials, HOWTOs, a FAQ and other useful resources are available
on the official webpages of NFD and ndn-cxx:
The latest version of NFD developer's guide:
* We posted a new version of NdnCon v0.4.3
We do not yet recommend it as a reliable subsitute for existing
conferencing tools, however, we hope to soon satisfy the NDN NP
project's immediate needs (reliable audio prioritized over smooth
* ChronoChat-js version v0.3 has been updated to use the ChronoSync2013
class in NDN-JS. https://github.com/named-data/ChronoChat-js It
can register with a remote NFD if NFD is configured to allow
localhop. You can try the online demo:
NDN PUBLICATIONS, PRESENTATIONS, and TECHNICAL REPORTS
* A. Afanasyev, Z. Zhu, Y. Yu, L. Wang, and L. Zhang, "The Story
of ChronoShare, or How NDN Brought Distributed Secure File Sharing
Back," in IEEE MASS 2015 Workshop on Content-Centric Networks
(accepted), October 2015.
* Our NDN Seminar series continued during August. The NDN
seminars are internally focused. We usually hold these seminars
on Wednesday from 2-3p (PST). So, if you would like to be included
in the NDN Seminars, please contact Jongdeog Lee <jlee700 at illinois.edu>
for the most up-to-date information regarding upcoming seminars.
- August 12th Susmit Shannigrahi and Chengyu Fan (Colorado State
Univ.) presented: NDN for Scientific Data Applications
- August 26th Eva M. Castro and Pedro de las Heras Quiros (Universidad
Rey Juan Carlos, Spain) presented: Redesign of ChronoSync
For more information about the Named Data Networking (NDN) Project
please visit http://www.named-data.net/.
More information about the Ndn-interest