[Ndn-interest] Announcing "persist", a fast and easy-to-use NDN persistent content store

Tai-Lin Chu tailinchu at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 15:59:50 PDT 2015

It uses memory-mapped files, so it has the read performance of a pure
in-memory storage while still offering the persistence of standard
disk-based storage.

> a replacement for ndn repo?

No, it does not have management protocol now, but it is very easy to
create another ndn repo with "persist".

> a new implementation of content store (i.e. cache) for ndn routers?

No, It is for any ndn app. If a router needs disk-based storage, it
can also use "persist".

> or a new implementation of in-memory cache that can be used by ndn applications?

No, the term "persist" in ndn-cxx in-memory cache means
"eviction-less". This is entirely different.

Thanks.