[Ndn-interest] Multiple names for lookup-by-content?

Ignacio.Solis at parc.com Ignacio.Solis at parc.com
Mon Sep 29 15:46:29 PDT 2014

CCN 1.0 has a separate field in interest for match-by-hash.  It¹s called
the ContentObjectHash.  An interest that contains that field is said to
have a ContentObjectHash restriction. Forwarding of the interest happens
on the regular name.  Matching of the content object happens on the hash.

Given an interest with a Name and a Hash, the systems considers it a match
to an object that either:
a- Has the same Name and same Hash
OR
b- Has no/empty Name and the same Hash

This latter mode effectively is a hash of the content.

The ContentObjectHash is a type of self-certified name.  For CCN the hash
is not used for forwarding since we believe flat routing is too expensive.

Finally, at the last CCNxCon I presented a matching system with order of
preference based on labels (which included hashes of content). You can
find a video of my presentation at
http://www.ccnx.org/events/ccnxcon-2013/  (video link =
http://www.ccnx.org/video/CCNxCon2013/CCN-9-06-2013-pt3.mp4 , my
presentation is at 21:50).