[Ndn-interest] new PhD student looking to get involved in NDN

Stephen Herwig smherwig at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 12:26:46 PDT 2014

Hi,

I just started a PhD program in computer science at the University of
Maryland.  Over the past month, I've been reading about NDN and playing
with v0.3, and I find it very interesting.

I'm thinking of ways to get involved, and wondering what the critical
problems are.  For instance, distributed trust-models seem pervasive.  On
the other hand, a lot of the work seems to be protocol experimentation
(e.g., can I write such-and-such application in NDN).

In short, I'm just sort of wondering what the difficult problems are that
the community is working on.  Hopefully, I'll be able to help out.

Thanks,
Stephen