[Ndn-interest] Adding HMAC to available NDN signature types

Yingdi Yu yingdi at CS.UCLA.EDU
Fri Sep 19 21:45:29 PDT 2014

Hi Adeola,

It is great that we have a proposal for HMAC, a few comments about the doc.

1. I think you should mentioned in the spec that how to handle keys that are longer than the hash output.
2. we should either disable keys that are shorter than hash output or still state how to generate HMAC when a key is short. Just "discourage" is not enough.

Yingdi