[Ndn-interest] any comments on naming convention?

Tai-Lin Chu tailinchu at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 16:39:42 PDT 2014

> If not, then LPM for the forwarding can be constrained to the (encapsulated) untyped name components up to the first marker - all following bytes will not influence routing. PIT and CS is another story.

I assume that it is up to and "not including" the first marker. What
you just said in my opinion limits the typed component to be placed in
the end of a name, and I don't think this limit will be good. For
example, /folder1/v1/file1/v2. According to your statement, file1 will
not influence routing, but I think it should.

IMHO, the only one requirement of allocating new types for typed
components is necessity. i.e. Will this typed component help upper
layer or router to process this packet differently (perhaps more
efficiently)?