[Ndn-interest] any comments on naming convention?

Mark Stapp mjs at cisco.com
Mon Sep 15 07:55:30 PDT 2014

hmm - is this really "just some questions", some personal curiosity? or
is it a broader invitation to the community to dig into what's been
presented in v1 of the TR, with a view to developing the next version?

just to be clear: I do not like the 'naming conventions', I see them as
a hangover from the bad old days. Since my "application" is mainly
infrastructure, the conventions do not meet my needs. I don't think we
can rely on use of magic values in allegedly-opaque name component data,
and hope for the best. I think we do need to have typed name components
so that we have clear places to carry special kinds of name information,
like segment number and version, in a way that is unambiguous.

Thanks,
Mark