[Ndn-interest] question

Christos Papadopoulos christos at cs.colostate.edu
Fri Feb 21 14:52:09 PST 2014

On 02/21/2014 03:37 PM, Meng Kuai wrote:
> About this problem, I have a question.
> Since there is no matching entry in content store, does the incoming
> interest trigger application to generate content?

Yes.

If there is no entry in the content store, this means that there is no
cached content to serve the interest. The interest is thus delivered to
the publisher (the application that advertises the name prefix). The
publisher is now responsible for parsing the interest and generating the
appropriate content.

We actually do exactly that when we use NDN in climate data. The
datasets are very big, and often a client may request a subset of a
dataset. The client generates the appropriate content name according to
the namespace rules that specify a subset of a dataset. The publisher
may then read this name, extract the requested subset from the main
dataset and return it to the client.

Does that make sense?

Christos.